29 January 2020
Scór na nÓg All Ireland Final
Our Scór na nÓg novelty act group will compete in the All Ireland Final of Scór na nÓg on Saturday 1st February 2020 in Killarney.
On this Thursday night 30th January at 8pm they will perform their novelty act in the Marion Hall, we would invite you all to come along to see this wonderful group and join us in wishing them well in the All Ireland Final. Admission free, refreshments will be served!
Axa Community Bike Ride
We had two lovely cycles last weekend and everyone was delighted with our new club gilets.Thanks to all our sponsors Templemore Glass, Hylands Chemist Templemore,Kevin Delargy, Stapletons Bakery,O Leary Motors Clonmel,Bluestreak Media and David O Connell Chemist Borrisoleigh.Cycles again next weekend Saturday and Sunday at 10 o clock from Shanahans.Thanks to the Hurlers for a great journey and congratulations on your County and Munster victories.Thanks John f. for lovely photos.
Borris-Ileigh home coming
Some photos from Josephine Spillane, Pallas Cross of the recent home coming
Childrens Yoga Meditation and Mindfulness
Change of day and times of classes. Classes now will be on Tuesday evenings beginning 28th of January.
Anniversary Masses next weekend: We pray for all whose anniversaries occur and for whom the following Masses will be offered
- Friday January 31st @ 10am Mass: Jerry Ryan, Mountkinnane and deceased family members.
- Saturday February 1st @ 7pm Mass: Michael Maher, Knockbrack , Josie Treacy, Summerhill and deceased family members.
- Sunday February 2nd @ 9.30 Mass: Martin and Elizabeth Bourke Anniversary Mass and also for the soul of Kathleen Ryan, Garrangreana who was interred recently.
- Patrick Feeney in Concert: Sunday March 8th 2020 in SS Joseph & Bridgid Church Bóthar na Naomh as part of his Gospel Choir Tour. Tickets now available in the Parish Office, Cathedral Street, Thurles (0504 2229) & Bookworm, Liberty Square, Thurles (0504 22257). Ticket donation: €25. Proceeds to the Cathedral Reroofing Project.
- Annual General Meeting: Parish Renewal Group will hold their AGM on Monday February 3rd at 7.30 pm. New members welcome.
- Thought for the week: One small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.
ChiropodyChiropody Service will continue in the Community Centre on Monday 27th of January 2020. Please note change of day. Please ring Deirdre at 089 4478511 for Bookings
Pink Night is Back!
The Annual Pink Night will take place on Saturday 15th February 2020 at Kennedys Lounge, Rearcross – Music with the very entertaining “DJ Wilm” – All funds raised for Mid West Cancer Unit in University Hospital Limerick. A raffle will take place with lots of prizes including a Ladies County Jersey. A great night’s entertainment for a good cause. Support greatly appreciated. Everybody welcome!
Borrisoleigh Festival AGM will take place on Friday February 7th @ 7.30pm in Shanahans coffee dock. New members are always welcome.
Borrisoleigh Active Social Club Notes
Borrisoleigh Active Social Club will hold their AGM on Wed 5th Feb at 8pm in the Community Centre Borrisoleigh. This is the first meeting of 2020 and new members are welcome. Membership €20 can be paid on the night.
Pic of the Past……..
Outside Ryan’s Shop, Chapel Street Mary Hennessy with her grandmother, Winnie Ryan
Your Website Needs You!
Committee: Enda Ryan, Noreen Fahy, Marie McGrath, Derry O’Donnell and Fiona Max
Many thanks to all those who contributed photographs and news items
Remember, we need you to continue to send us material so that we can keep our website current and interesting.
Send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we make every effort possible to ensure that the information contained in this Website is accurate and complete, we cannot accept any legal liability as a result of the inaccuracy or incompleteness of the information presented to users of this site. We also reserve the right to edit material for suitability to a website format.
Also, if you like what you see and want to leave a comment, remember to use the Guestbook