2 March 2022
Borrisoleigh Community Development Association AGM
Borrisoleigh Community Development Association AGM will be held on Tuesday 8th March at 8pm in Finn’s Bar, Borrisoleigh. All are welcome to attend.
Child Welfare & Protection in Sport Training
Tipperary Sports Partnership is facilitating a Child Welfare & Protection in Sport Basic Awareness training. The course is aimed at sports leaders, children’s officers, parents or anyone working with young people in sport. A central goal for all those involved in sport for young people is to provide a safe, positive and nurturing environment where children can develop and enhance their physical and social skills.
Promoting a child-centred environment should go hand in hand with identifying and eliminating practices that impact negatively on safe and enjoyable participation in sport for young people.
The next series workshops will be delivered by Sport Ireland tutors via Zoom on:
- March 7th from 6.00pm – 9.00pm
- March 14th from 6.00 – 9.00pm
- April 4th from 6.00-9.00pm
- April 11th from 6.00 -9.00pm
The training will enable Children’s Officers/Sports Leaders to:
- Implement best practice in protecting the welfare of participants
- Create a child-centred environment within the sports club
- List categories of abuse and some indicators associated with abuse
- Make an appropriate response to a disclosure
- Make a report to designated officer or appropriate Statutory Authorities
To book your place visit www.tipperarysports.ie. Cost is €15 plus booking fee.
Please book early as places are limited on the workshop. A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded on completion of the course. For further information please contact TSP Clonmel office 052 616 6201 or TSP Nenagh office 052 616 6380
The above item is an extract from the February Newsletter of Tipperary PPN (Public Participation Network), to read the full newsletter click here
Borris-Ileigh Camogie Club Notes
Intermediate League Fixtures:
The Intermediate League is due to start on the 19th of March and we are part of a 7 team group. We start out with 3 away fixtures against Cahir, Toomevara and Shannon Rovers respectively.
We have a bye in week 4 before finishing off with 3 home matches against Kilruane, Boherlahan and Newport.
Under 16 & Under 14 Fixtures:
Our Under 16’s will be competing in the “A” grade this year and they are down to begin their season with a home fixture against Annacarty on the 5th of March at 2pm. Next up will be 2 away fixtures against Thurles and Knockavilla and then we finish with 2 home fixtures against Clonoulty and Boherlahan.
Our Under 14’s will compete in the “B” grade and they will kickstart their season with an away game against Newport. Next up will be home matches against Nenagh and our neighbours Drom-Inch. We’ll hit the road again then for our final matches against Ballina and Burgess respectively.
Anniversaries: Saturday March 5th @ 7pm. Noreen O’Donnell, The Orchard and also her husband Michael.
- Ash Wednesday: Next Wednesday is Ash Wednesday which marks the beginning of Lent Masses at 10am and 7pm. The blessing and distributions of ashes will take place during these Masses. Ash Wednesday is a day of fast and abstinence.
- Trócaire Boxes: Trócaire boxes and envelopes are available in the porches of the church. Please support their Lenten Campaign. The process of which goes to help people in the developing world. Please take the Trócaire pack on your way out.
- March Clergy Collection: Will be taken up at all Masses next weekend.
This collection goes to support the active and retired clergy of the Archdiocese.
- Confessions: Will resume from next Saturday evening and will begin at 6.30pm approx..
- Thought for the week: Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE. Buddha.
Scoil Naomh Cualán
Chinese New Year
Eleanor Shanley & Mike Hanrahan Concert
Borrisoleigh Historical Society
From 5 years ago, – when Borrisoleigh was just one of a handful of communities throughout the country to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Fenian Rebellion.
From the Archives
What was in the news in Borrisoleigh 10 years ago? Click here to find out
Pic of the Past
Your Website Needs You
Committee: Enda Ryan, Noreen Fahy, Marie McGrath, Derry O’Donnell
Many thanks to all those who contributed photographs and news items.
Remember, we need you to continue to send us material so that we can keep our website current and interesting.
Send your email to: email@example.com
This website is supported by Borrisoleigh Community Development Association.
While we make every effort possible to ensure that the information contained in this Website is accurate and complete, we cannot accept any legal liability as a result of the inaccuracy or incompleteness of the information presented to users of this site. We also reserve the right to edit material for suitability to a website format.
Also, if you like what you see and want to leave a comment, remember to use the Guestbook