3 January 2018
St Stephen’s Day 5km Run & Walk
And they’re off!
Borrisoleigh Annual 2017
Borrisoleigh Annual 2017 now on sale in all the local shops. Price €10
Borris-Ileigh Camogie Club
Tractor Run Fundraiser
The Tractor Run fundraiser for Fr Matt Ryan’s mission in Brazil took place on 30th December, starting in Borrisoleigh and passing through Templederry, Dolla & Silvermines before finishing in Rearcross. A selection of photos of the day are in our Gallery section – Gallery 1, Gallery 2, Gallery 3
Borris-Ileigh GAA Club Notes
Borris-Ileigh GAA Premier League – ‘Last Man Standing’ 2018
Fancy yourself as a bit of a soccer expert?
We are starting a Premier League ‘Last Man Standing’ competition in the new year beginning on Saturday January 13th.
For all those new to this format here is quick explanation of the rules and how you can get involved:
Last Man Standing Rules:
Each week you must text your name and Premier League team you think will WIN to 0872690591
- Just pick one winner from the Selected Premier League match fixtures each week until eliminated. (Fixtures will appear on the clubify and Facebook page)
- To progress in the competition, you must select a winning team. Draw or loss equals elimination.
- Once selection is made, it is final.
- You may not pick the same team twice (unless the tournament progresses past 20 weeks). If same team is picked twice in competition you will automatically be assigned the first team alphabetically in the league.
- Selections to be received no later than 7PM Friday evenings.
- Enter by text ONLY to 0872690591
- If you forget to make your selection by 7PM Friday evening, you will be assigned the first team alphabetically in the league.
- In the event of the match being cancelled or postponed, you will go through to the next round and that team is no longer available for selection.
- The decision of the Organisation Committee shall be binding on all matters. The Organisation Committee reserve the right to amend the rules for the proper conduct of the competition
- In the event of all players being eliminated in any round, then all players shall be re-entered in the next round. (Whether they draw or lose)
- Should two or more participants remain standing and all are eliminated in the same week, the Last Man Standing prize will be distributed equally among them. Otherwise the Last Man Standing walks away with the entire pot.
Entry is just €10 with a fine prize pot of €500 for the lucky winner. All proceeds of the fundraiser will go directly to financing of our fantastic new hurling wall. The entry can be given to Trevor Groome 087 7477132, Tommy Mockler 085 2741024 and John Vahey 086 0551519. Anybody else willing to help work away and pass on entries to one of the lads. All we need is name, mobile number and of course €10. (U16’s allowed to enter with parental consent).
Feel free to spread the word to anyone brave enough to put their knowledge
Here’s a list of fixtures for 1 week one of the competition:
Week 1 – 13th Jan
Chelsea vs Leicester
Crystal Palace vs Burnley
Huddersfield vs West Ham
Newcastle vs Swansea
Watford vs Southampton
West Brom vs Brighton
Spurs vs Everton
Best of luck to all entries, thanks you for continued support.
On New Year’s Day a series of fundraising walks took place in Templederry also to raise funds for Fr Matt Ryan’s mission in Brazil. More photos can been seen here.
New Year – New You!
The Munster Final of Scór Na nÓg will take place next Sunday 7th January 2018 in Ovens, Cork. Colm Boyle, Kayleen O’Dwyer, Melissa Ryan, Adam Carr, Katie Fitzgerald & Emma Doolan will represent the County in the Léiriú. We wish them the very best of luck in this prestigious competition and would encourage support on the day.
Pic of the Past ………..down memory lane
Tom O’Halloran, Chapel Street
Tom was a cobbler by trade. He was also a noted historian and
dramatist who performed and produced many local plays.