6 October 2021
Confirmation at Scoil Naomh Cualán
On Friday 10th September and Saturday 11th September 51 young adults from our school received the Sacrament of Confirmation from Fr Hennessy. Due to Covid 19 we had four ceremonies. This enabled the candidates to bring all their family to their Confirmation ceremony. Music was provided by Katie Shannahan and Aedín Hogan. We hope that the candidates will be blessed with the gifts of the Holy Spirit throughout their lives.
BILD LTD CE Scheme
HOLY WELLS OF COUNTY TIPPERARY
Tipperary County Council, with heritage consultant Derek Ryan, are conducting a survey of Holy Wells in County Tipperary. In phase I, we will create a searchable database and interactive website of Holy Wells in the County and record:
- folklore and record cultural traditions associated with holy wells
- identify the location of any ‘missing’ holy wells in County Tipperary
We hope this survey will raise awareness of Holy Wells in County Tipperary and their archaeological heritage & cultural significance.
With this baseline set, we aim to investigate a number of Holy Wells around the County with a field study.
We are asking you, the public, for any information you may have about your local Holy Well or a Holy Well that you have knowledge or interest in?
- Do you know if the well is dedicated to a particular saint?
- What is the name of the well known locally?
- Was there a pattern day set for this well?
- Were there associated customs such as rounds, particular prayers, depositions?
- Did the well have curative powers attributed to them and for what illnesses?
- Are there stories of specific people that were cured by a well?
- Other folklore or history associated with the well? Wells moving location etc.
- Do you have any photos of the well that you would like to share?
If you know of any holy wells in your area, please join this community project by emailing your information, stories and photos to the project TipperaryHolyWells@tipperarycoco.ie Or submitting through the project portal here https://consultations.tipperarycoco.ie/consultations/tipperary-holy-well-survey
This survey is an action of the Tipperary Heritage Plan 2017-2022 and funded by Tipperary County Council and The Heritage Council.
Borris-Ileigh GAA Club Notes
Pic of the Past
Your Website Needs You
Committee: Enda Ryan, Noreen Fahy, Marie McGrath, Derry O’Donnell
Many thanks to all those who contributed photographs and news items.
Remember, we need you to continue to send us material so that we can keep our website current and interesting.
Send your email to: email@example.com
This website is supported by Borrisoleigh Community Development Association.
While we make every effort possible to ensure that the information contained in this Website is accurate and complete, we cannot accept any legal liability as a result of the inaccuracy or incompleteness of the information presented to users of this site. We also reserve the right to edit material for suitability to a website format.
Also, if you like what you see and want to leave a comment, remember to use the Guestbook