22 May 2019
Australian visitors on history tour
Neil & Matthew Hogan with Derry Bourke
Neil Hogan and his son Matthew, from Canberra, Australia, at the Bourke homestead in Gurteenavalla, Templederry. Almost 100 years ago, Neil’s grandfather, Sean Hogan, along with Seamus Robinson and Sean Treacy, while wanted by the British authorities, were given shelter and refuge by Jeremiah Bourke, grandfather of Derry Bourke.
The bed, that Bill Bourke, late of Chapel St, vacated, to accommodate Sean Treacy
Borrisoleigh/Ileigh Parish Notices
- The Rosary will be recited before 10am Mass every day beginning at 9.40 approx.
- Congratulations to the 13 boys and girls who received their First Holy Communion recently. Well done to all who were involved in their preparation for this occasion.
- Papal Nuncio’s Visit to Borrisoleigh 2nd You are all very welcome to the celebration of this Mass at 11am. The chief celebrant will be the Papal Nuncio, His Excellency Most Rev Jude Thaddeus Okolo. The Mass will be followed by entertainment, refreshments and a visit to Bishop Shanahan’s birth place in Glenkeen. A choir Practice in preparation for the visit of the Papal Nuncio will take place on Wednesday 22nd May at 8pm and also the 29th May at 8pm.
- Recently Deceased: Lorraine Chute. R.I.P, Christine O’Connor, Coolderry. R.I.P., John Ryan Gorteeney, R.I.P, Amanda Ryan(Nee Stapleton) London and Borrisoleigh R.I.P.
- The Annual Padre Pio National Pilgrimage at Holycross Abbey takes place on Sunday next 26th May beginning at 1.30pm with recitation of the Rosary, Stations of the Cross, Anointing of the Sick and con-celebrated Mass at 3pm. Contact 0504-43124 or email@example.com for more information.
- Eucharist Healing Night through the intercession of St. Padre Pio – Lead by Fr. John Mockler. Sat 25th(Birthday of St. Padre Pio) in the Church of the Nativity Loughmore, beginning at 6pm. Rosary, Hour of Healing with the Eucharist. Anointing of the Sick. Veneration of 1st Class relic of Padre Pio. Holy Mass at 8pm. All are welcome.
Borrisoleigh Active Social Club
Pic of the Past
Also, if you like what you see and want to leave a comment, remember to use the Guestbook