9 March 2022
Borrisoleigh Community Development Association AGM
The postponed Borrisoleigh Community Development Association AGM will be held on Tuesday 15th March at 8pm in Finn’s Bar, Borrisoleigh. All are welcome to attend.
AXA Community Cycle
Borris-Ileigh Camogie Club Notes
- Anniversaries: Saturday 12th March 7pm Mass: Willie Treacy, Fantane, his parents Martin and Nora and also for Jim and Paddy Shanahan, Grangelough.
- Sunday 13th March at 11am Mass: Mary Farrell, Garrangreana, Tom Ryan(Cooper) Springfield.
- Confessions: will take place to every Saturday evening before the 7pm Mass.
- Scripture Reading and Reflection: On the Sunday readings for Lent.
- This will take place in the Community Centre.
- Basket Collection: The Offertory Collection will be taken up after the Offertory Collection. The baskets will be passed around at this time.
This week’s collection amounted to €585
- Special Collection: will be taken up at all Masses next weekend for the people of Ukraine who are suffering so much as a result of the Russian invasion. The collection will be taken up after the Communion. I would ask you to give as generously as you can, to this urgent worthy cause. The proceeds will go to Trocaire. You may also hand in your donation to Frances or Sinead in the Parish Centre.
- Thought for the week: Life isn’t finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.-George Bernard Shaw.
Scoil Naomh Cualán
The families of Scoil Naomh Cualán donated nappies, toothbrushes, plasters, money etc to the people of Ukraine. Karina Ryan had a friend who was bringing a container of goods to help the people of Ukraine. We could not believe the generous response that we got from the families of Scoil Naomh Cualán. Corey Ryan brought the goods to Clonmel to meet the container. Corey had to make two trips due to the large amount of goods we received.
Eleanor Shanley & Mike Hanrahan Concert
From the Archives
What was in the news in Borrisoleigh 10 years ago? Click here to find out
Pic of the Past
Mary Maher, Josie Leahy and Nellie Maher all from Pallas Street with Ned Finn, Corner House.
Your Website Needs You
Committee: Enda Ryan, Noreen Fahy, Marie McGrath, Derry O’Donnell
Many thanks to all those who contributed photographs and news items.
Remember, we need you to continue to send us material so that we can keep our website current and interesting.
Send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This website is supported by Borrisoleigh Community Development Association.
While we make every effort possible to ensure that the information contained in this Website is accurate and complete, we cannot accept any legal liability as a result of the inaccuracy or incompleteness of the information presented to users of this site. We also reserve the right to edit material for suitability to a website format.
Also, if you like what you see and want to leave a comment, remember to use the Guestbook