30 October 2019
Best of Luck
Best of luck to the Borris-Ileigh Senior Hurling Team in the County Final this Sunday from all at Borrisoleigh.ie!
The story of Borris-Ileigh 1986-87 | Tipperary’s last club All-Ireland winners
In the video below, Shane Stapleton chats with fellow Borris native Richie Stakelum about the club’s amazing run back in 1986 and ’87 — their most recent Tipperary county title which preceded their subsequent journey to lifting the club All-Ireland
Borrisoleigh Community Development Association
The launch of Split The Pot has been postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. It will now take place at the beginning of December. More details in the coming weeks.
AXA Community Bike Ride
Two more brilliant cycles at weekend. We had 9 out on the challenging cycle on Saturday covering 50 kms and on Sunday the easy going cycle did 22kms both in beautiful sunshine. Next cycle Saturday at 10 o clock challenging route and Sunday at 10 o clock for the easy going leisure cycle.
Scoil Naomh Cualán
Anniversary Masses next weekend: We pray for all whose anniversaries occur, and for whom the following Masses will be offered.
- Saturday November 2nd 7pm Mass: Mick & Kitty Smith, Main St. and Michael, Bridie and Eddie Ryan, Glenarisk.
- Sunday November 3rd 9.30 Mass: Denis & Mai Young, Knockahorna
Sunday November 3rd 11am Mass: Martin & Kitty Ryan and Denis and Mary Gleeson, St. Brigid’s Villas.
- Feast of all Saints: Is a holy day of obligation Mass on Thursday evening at 7pm and Friday morning at 11am.
- All Souls Day: A Commemoration Mass for all the Faithful departed will be celebrated. On Saturday November 2nd @ 10am..
- Invitation: An Invitation is extended to all Community Centre Volunteers and Church Volunteers-for example choir members, readers, collectors, sacristans, Parish Renewal Group members, Eucharistic Ministers and for all those involved in any way with Church Ministry and the Community Centre. It is our way of expressing our gratitude and appreciation for the marvellous work the volunteers do in our Community Centre and Church. This Social Evening will take place after 7pm Mass on Saturday November 9th in the Community Centre.
- Safeguarding Brief; Safeguarding seeks to be proactive and covers both children and vulnerable adults. Education and training are key in keeping the safeguarding message current and not allowing for compliancy. We hold regular training days, conferences and information sessions, which can be found by clicking on www.cashel-emly.ie/safeguarding.
- Role of the Local Parish safeguarding representative.
Being responsible to the parish priest to promote child safeguarding by:
- Raising awareness of what child safeguarding is;
- Disseminating information regarding the standards and guidance, and circulating this information widely;
- Ensuring Church activities are provided in a way that ensures the safety and well -being of the children involved:
- Ensuring the contact details of the DLP, Gardai and Tusla are widely publicised;
- Upholding the seven safeguarding standards in practice and behaviour.
- Marriage Enrichment Weekend:
A Marriage Enrichment Weekend offers married couples of all ages in a good relationship private time to rekindle the joy of their love.
The next (residential) Weekend will be held at The Lake Hotel Killarney from 15th-17th November. 2019. For info. and to book visit www.marriageenencounter.ie
or phone 064-6644319 or 086-6095168..
- Borrisoleigh Community Centre AGM: Will take place on Wednesday 13th November at 7.30 pm. All are welcome.
- Affordable Live-in Homecare: provide live in carers for the elderly in your area. If you are looking for a live-in carer for your relative, please call Eileen or Tom today on 087-9916791. Our website is www.alhomecare.ie.
- Thought for the week: When you are going through something hard and wonder where God is remember the teacher is always quiet during a test.
Borrisoleigh Active Social Club
Borrisoleigh Active Social Club held their Halloween party last Mon night in Finns Bar Borrisoleigh. We had a great crowd. A Big thanks to everyone who supported the party. The best fancy dressed winner was Dolly Bryan.Thanks to Phil and Johnny Maher for providing great entertainment. Also thanks to Joe Loughnane for his hospitality and providing a lovely meal for us.
All Ireland Victory
Local woodturner Donal Ryan has won top professional in Ireland for Woodturners coming first and second, which means he is All Ireland Champion. He has also broken an Irish record as well coming 1st in 2015 ,2nd and 3rd in 2016, 3rd in 2017, 2nd in 2018 and 1st and 2nd in 2019. The wood used was actually grown in Borrisoleigh. The winning pieces are pictured below. You can view more of his work on his website www.donalryanwoodturning.com phone 087 4165305.
Pic of the Past
Your Website Needs You!
Also, if you like what you see and want to leave a comment, remember to use the Guestbook