6 November 2019
Congratulations to the Borris-Ileigh Senior Hurling Team on winning the Dan Breen Cup in the County Final last Sunday from all at Borrisoleigh.ie! We hope to get a full report from the club once the celebrations have ended. Next up is the Munster Club Semi Final against Glen Rovers in Semple Stadium next Sunday 10 November. Borris Abú!
A trad session for kids will take place this Saturday night 9th November after mass, approx 7:30pm in Stapletons bar. Why not come and take part is some traditional music and song! All welcome.
The County final of Scór na nÓg will take place on Sunday 1st December at 2pm in Holycross. The eight categories on the day will be Rince Foirne, Tráth na gCeist, Rince Seit, Ballad Group, Solo Singing, Novelty Act, Recitation/Story telling and Instrumental music.
Entries to Helen Keane on 087-4140287 by Friday 22nd November
AXA Community Bike Ride
Christmas Shoebox Appeal
Closing date for receipt of boxes is Friday November 8th. I still have leaflets if anyone wants to fill a box contact FIONA on 0872169150. I’ll be collecting from local preschools, primary & secondary school on Thursday afternoon.
Anniversary Masses next weekend: We pray for all whose anniversaries occur, and for whom the following Masses will be offered.
- Saturday November 9th 7pm Mass: Margaret & Tom Dunne, Carrigeen. Linda O’Connor, Summerhill.
- Sunday November 10th 9.30 Mass: Deceased members of the Ryan Family, Ileigh.
- Sunday November 10th 11am Mass: Gerry Ryan, St Bridgid’s Villas.
- November Cemetery Prayers: The Rosary will be recited in
- Glenkeen Cemetery on Sunday November 10th @ 3pm
- St. Bridgid’s Cemetery on Sunday November 17th @ 3pm
- Ileigh Graveyard on Sunday 24th November @3pm
- Mass of Remembrance: Mass will be celebrated on Friday night next November 8th at 7pm for all those who have died during the year.
- Suir Haven is holding its Ceremony of Light in Bohernanave Church, Thurles on Sunday the 10th November from 5pm-6pm. This Ceremony remembers all of our loved ones who have passed away with an hour of song and reflections and candles are lit on the night, no charge, donations gratefully received.
- Do you want to avail of Free Computer Classes? Irish Rural Link are holding free computer classes in Cashel & surrounding areas. Staying connected with family & friends has important benefits for your health & wellbeing. Sign up for basic digital skills classes and learn how to use Email, Facebook, Skype or WhatsApp and save time and money by communicating, shopping and banking online. Free computer classes for farmers also – learn how to register your calf & herd online with our exclusive agfood.ie demo account. Contact Mary : 090 6482744
- Invitation: An Invitation is extended to all Community Centre Volunteers and Church Volunteers-for example choir members, readers, collectors, sacristans, Parish Renewal Group members, Eucharistic Ministers and for all those involved in any way with Church Ministry and the Community Centre. It is our way of expressing our gratitude and appreciation for the marvellous work the volunteers do in our Community Centre and Church. This Social Evening will take place after 7pm Mass on Saturday November 9th in the Community Centre.
- Borrisoleigh Community Centre AGM: Will take place on Wednesday 13th November at 7.30 pm. All are welcome.
- Congratulations: Heartiest Congratulations to our Senior Hurlers on winning the Co. Final last Sunday . Well done to the Management, Backroom Team, Officers and Committee of Borrisoleigh G.A.A. Club.
- Thought for the week: Prayer is the most important conversation of your day. Take it to God before you take it to anyone else.
Borrisoleigh Active Social Club
Borrisoleigh Active Social Club will hold their November meeting tonight (Wednesday) Nov 6th at 8pm in the Community Centre.
Pic of the Past
Garranagrena National School (1948 – 1949)
Back: Nora Treacy, ….., May Tierney, Josephine Ryan, ….. and Pat Ryan
Middle: Denis Treacy, ….., Kathy Treacy, Nan Ryan, Adam Hodgins, Maura Ryan and Mary Gleeson
Front: ….., Phoena Gleeson, Peggy Treacy, ….., ….., Charles Hodgins, Nora Gleeson, May Connolly and Kathleen Gleeson
Also, if you like what you see and want to leave a comment, remember to use the Guestbook