1 July 2020
Borrisoleigh Camogie Notes
Covid 19-Guidelines for our Opening of Churches.
As you are aware, the public celebration of Mass re-commenced on Monday June 29th. To ensure that the preparations in each Church in our parish are efficiently and effectively planned a Parish Covid-19 support team of parishioners was established to organise preparations for this task.
From the 29th June Weekday Mass will resume at 10am as usual, subject to the following guidelines as proposed by the Irish bishops Conference, the H.S.E. and Archbishop Kieran.
The Guidelines are as follows:
- Please observe the social distancing guideline (2m) on entering and leaving the Church.
- Please sit in pew places that are clearly labelled.
- People coming from different households must sit 2m apart in same pew ie. at either end of it.
- People coming from the same household may sit together in the same pew.
- Bear in mind the capacity of both churches is much reduced. This is because of the social distancing.
- On entering and leaving the church, please sanitise your hands.
- Please observe and heed the Covid-19 notices inside and outside of churches.
- For the reception of Holy Communion, please observe the 2m social distancing guideline. There will be floor markings to guide you. Stewards will be in place, to help and guide you. Please co-operate with them.
- From the 29th June, there will be a one-way system in operation in both churches. Entry is by the main door and exit by the side door(s).
- Please observe the 2m social distancing guideline on church grounds
SUNDAY MASS: The public celebration of Sunday Masses will recommence at a later date. This is because of the limited capacity of both our churches
- Please note the Sunday Mass is online at twitch.tv/borrisoleighandileigh. (All one word and small letters) R.T.E. 1@ 11am and Tipp Mid-West Radio at 11am.
- The dispensation from Sunday and Holyday of Obligation is extended for the time being.
- For those who have been cocooning. The Dept. of Health strongly recommend that people who are over 70, or have a condition which makes them medically vulnerable should stay at home as much as possible.
Thanking you for your support in this matter.
Thought for the week: “Great minds discuss ideas! Average minds discuss events: Small minds discuss people”-Eleanor Roosevelt.
Tipperary War of Independence Tours
This week marks the 99th anniversary of a tragic event that took place at Glenkeen during the War of Independence. The story is told in this short video.
AXA Community Bike Ride
Free Community Training
NTDC in collaboration with Tipperary Volunteer Centre are delighted to present Governance Information Workshops for charities and volunteer involving organisations across Tipperary with facilitator Ciaran Lynch. The Governance compliance deadline is fast approaching so make sure to sign up….
There are 2 information evenings Part 1 & 2 so make sure you register for BOTH of these events to get all the information you need,
Training will take place online via Zoom on Thursday July 23rd and 30th from 7.30pm lasing roughly 90 mins.
Click here to register for both evenings: https://www.eventbrite.ie/
Pic of the Past
Your Website Needs You
Committee: Enda Ryan, Noreen Fahy, Marie McGrath, Derry O’Donnell and Fiona Max
Many thanks to all those who contributed photographs and news items.
Remember, we need you to continue to send us material so that we can keep our website current and interesting.
Send your email to: email@example.com
This website is supported by Borrisoleigh Community Development Association.
While we make every effort possible to ensure that the information contained in this Website is accurate and complete, we cannot accept any legal liability as a result of the inaccuracy or incompleteness of the information presented to users of this site. We also reserve the right to edit material for suitability to a website format.
Also, if you like what you see and want to leave a comment, remember to use the Guestbook.